You have been dreaming about flying a personal jetpack for way too long. Your wait is finally over!
The smoothness, stability, control, performance and ease-of-use surpassed even our wildest expectations. Once you try Jetlev flight, we think you will appreciate why we are so excited over the results. Key features of the pre-production prototype:
- Jetpack dry weight (approx.): 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Maximum Thrust: 430 lbf (1,900 N)
- Thrust-to-weight (150-lb / 68 kg pilot, at takeoff): 2.3 : 1
- Measured top speed (150-lb or 68 kg pilot): 22 mph (35 km/h)
- Hose length: 33 ft (10 m)
- Flight ceiling (measured at feet level): 28 feet (8.5 m)
- Duration at wide open throttle (approx.) 1 hour
- Duration at cruising speed (approx.) 1.5-2 hours
Only one model with a 250 HP engine will be available initially. This model is currently undergoing trial production to test all the designs, fit and finish, anti-corrosion coatings, assembly fixtures and procedures, functionality, serviceability and durability. All metals used will be made of either stainless steel or hard coat anodized aluminum with Teflon coating to protect it against corrosion and abrasion. Hard coat anodizing has the equivalent hardness of sapphires, the second hardest natural material known to man behind diamonds. Every part of the Jetlev is painstakingly made with great precision. All water seals are made with the same high grade O-ring systems that one would find only in deep sea systems. Critical cables are protected by military style braided stainless steel sleeves, and electronic control modules and cable terminations are encapsulated in tough polyurethane plastics to keep moisture out. No expense is spared to make the Jetlev system as reliable and low maintenance as possible.
Photo Source: Visit the JetLev.com website for more information.