Are you interested in learning how to fly for pleasure or as a career? If you are, then you have come to the right place. We have a large list of Flight Schools that offer flight training from the basic Sport Pilot Certificate all the way up to the AirlineTransport Pilot Certificate-ATP. Each flight school has something different to offer so make sure you research your option. So now all you have to do is decide on which flight school you would like to attend.
If you have never flown an airplane or Helicopter then you should probably think about scheduling an introductory flight with your local flight school. Most flight schools offer introductory flights (First Flight Lesson) for as little as $99. If you’re ready to find a
Check out all our other aviation school types in the left column
or any other aviation related training school just click on one of the links in the left column and start your search now. If you would like to learn more about the aviation industry, or the requirements to become a pilot, then head on over to our Aviation Information Center.
What type of Flight School are you looking for?
- Airplane Flight Schools: If you're looking for a flight school so you can start your flight training then you have come to the right place. We have one of the largest and most complete flight school directories on the web. Start your flight school search now!
- Helicopter Flight Schools: Learn how to fly a helicopter. We have a large directory of helicopter schools that offer helicopter training from the Private Pilot Certificate all the way up to the ATP.
- Aviation College/Universities: Check out our complete list of College and Universities that offer all types of aviation degree programs.
Need to learn a little more about becoming a pilot?
Aviation Scholarships/Grants and Financing Ideas
- Flight Training Financing: Are you wondering how you're going to finance your flight training? View our flight training finance information page for more details on how to pay for your flight training lessons.
- Aviation-Flight Training Scholarships: Get free scholarship money for any type of aviation related training. Check out our list of organizations that offer aviation scholarships. You can find flight training scholarships, aviation college scholarships, aircraft technician scholarships, aerospace engineer scholarships, air traffic controller scholarships and more!
- Federal Pell Grants: Get up to $5,550 of financial aid for your aviation related training per year.
- Aviation Government Grants: Information on aviation government grants.(hard to find)
- Cross Country Flight Planning: Cross-country flight planning is often the first big post-solo hurdle flight students will overcome in their flight training. Planning a cross-country flight requires tedious planning and calculations if done properly which can seem overwhelming at first, but taking everything one step at a time can greatly ease the process.
- Choosing a Flight Instructor: The student instructor relationship is one of the most critical factors affecting pilot performance, yet choosing an instructor is not an exact science.
- Low Wing Aircraft vs High Wing Aircraft: A quick look at any general aviation airport will show you that all single engine aircraft are either high wing or low wing designs. For pilots, each design had its advantages and drawbacks.
- Mastering The Crosswind Landing: Crosswind landings are one of the more challenging skills in the private pilot curriculum.
- Buying an Airplane: Purchasing an aircraft is an exciting process, but it can be complicated one filled with potential problems.
- How To Become A Helicopter Pilot: Information on how to become a helicopter pilot.
- Glass Cockpit Flying Skills: Flying a glass cockpit aircraft.
|Number of Schools: 1800
||Number of Users: 103
||Number of Questions: 24
||Number of Reviews: 0